Importing data from Genkan is easy.
Here’s a list of all the information we can import. If you have any questions, please head to our Knowledge Base or contact our friendly team.
- Accommodation Categories – This does not include, images, descriptions etc.
- Accommodation Sites
- Full Name
- Phone & Fax Numbers
- Email Address
- Stay Dates
- Specific Status
- Stay cost as Booking Quoted Tariffs
- Additional Charges (This comes across as bulk charges on the booking account – No breakdown of specifics) – This means on live day you need to separate
- Full Names
- Email Addresses
- Bank Accounts
- Genkan appears to be used for property management across multiple physical locations & as a result does not have a concept of categories which matches that of NewBook’s. As a result each property is represented by one Accommodation Category with one Accommodation Site.
- No trust accounting transactions will be brought across. Trust must be disbursed in old system before going live. NewBook will start trust the day you go live.
- Block out dates
- Pending Bookings are not provided from Genkan through the import.
- On day of live with NewBook you will need to go into all future bookings and void the “Balance brought forward charges” (These are any additional charges you had added onto bookings in Genkan) and add in additional charges separately so it breaks down for reporting and disbursement purposes in NewBook.