How will you challenge yourself in 2018?
Taking time to reflect on 2017 is important, no matter what stage you’re at in life. You might be a business owner, employee, student or caregiver. Evaluating what worked and what didn’t will help you to have a more successful and more productive year this year. Did you set yourself goals last year? If so, did you achieve everything you wanted to?
How will you challenge yourself in 2018, both professionally and personally? If you’re a business owner, there’s probably an area of your business you think you can improve and this year is a great opportunity to get stuck in! This could include changing a process, system or simply trying something new. Be brave. Imagine what business could be like if you implement that change.
It’s a great idea to have personal goals as well, which will help to encourage growth and success in your life. Do you have a savings goal in mind, for example to go on a holiday or buy a house? Maybe you would like to spend more time with your family, make improvements on your house or get back (and stay!) in the gym.
“People who explicitly make resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than people who don’t explicitly make resolutions”
– Statistics Brain
Now that you have some goal ideas, it’s time to write them down. Remember to create SMART goals, (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time bound), so you can create an action plan detailing how you are going to achieve them.
Remember, success doesn’t come and find you; you need to create it for yourself. Calculated risks enable you to become a market leader in your field and the bigger the challenge, the bigger the reward may be.
Have you thought about how NewBook can help with your goals this year, both financial and non-financial? NewBook’s extensive range of time-saving and revenue generating tools give you the freedom and flexibility to manage all aspects of your business. Now is a great time to review your processes and explore areas you can enhance. Ideas include:
- Reduce commissions by taking bookings on your website. Our universal booking engine allows your guests to find all the information they need and make and amend a booking without having to leave your website. If you’re on the Signature package you can sell activities and facility hire online as well, increasing your earning potential before your guests even check in!
- Offer your guests affordable cancellation insurance to cover their stay, protecting your revenue and providing peace of mind for your guests. Chubb’s cancellation insurance will reduce your refunds and time spent talking to guests who cancel at the last minute. Better still, you’ll receive a credit for each policy you sell!
- Motivate your team by displaying a range of occupancy and revenue goals on their Front Desk screen so they can easily view progress. Use NewBook Broadcast to share your team’s performance and incentivize with prizes.
- Work smarter by integrating third party apps. Our integration with Slack allows you to manage your business on the go. Notifications, reports and tasks can be sent to your mobile, tablet and even your smart watch, meaning you can communicate effectively and efficiently manage your team.
- When was the last time your assets were serviced? Can’t remember? How about the value of your items and when they were purchased? Our asset management tool makes it easy to organize and maintain your assets and inventory. Understanding how your assets are used and maintained can improve efficiency and save you time and money in the long run.
So finally, we ask you, how will you challenge yourself in 2018? We look forward to hearing how you’ve gone later in the year.