Careers at NewBook
Careers at NewBook
NewBook’s award-winning PMS and CRM software is transforming thousands of hospitality and tourism businesses globally. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we strive to give our clients the very best to help them reach their full potential.
About the Role
You role will support the evolution of the business to its next level. With a skilled team firmly established there is a need for a DevOps Engineer to enable infrastructure to be deployed and changed by code as well as supporting and driving the effective functioning of the software for the company.
You’ll be responsible for
- Designing, building and supporting business critical applications on various platforms
- Ensuring CI/CD pipeline is running smoothly
- Working on containers using Kubernetes
- Systems security monitoring, patching and testing
- Collaboration with the development team
- Creation of data driven Dev Ops using monitoring tools to collect metrics to enable a proactive approach to infrastructure issues
- Infrastructure management and enabling changes to existing infrastructure to be tracked, managed and approved through code
- Maintaining ongoing technical documentation
- Maintaining metric based real time dashboards
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with Kubernetes (or similar) and Docker essential
- Solid working experience with Linux environments such as CentOS
- Python/Bash Scripting or relevant coding experience (e.g. PHP or Golang)
- AWS / Google Cloud Platform experience
- Experience with load balancing technology such as HAProxy would be ideal
- Jenkins CI or equivalent CI/CD experience
- Security scanning and automation
- Exposure to automation tools such as Ansible or Terraform would be ideal
- Experience with serverless functions
- GlusterFS or other distributed file server experience
In addition to this, we are seeking a person that loves interacting with the team, enjoys a challenge, communicates well and wants to be in a winning team that is pushing out a high quality global product.
On offer is a competitive salary package, future growth and career opportunities, an awesome office to work in and the opportunity to be a part of a highly motivated and business focused team that love what they do.