Careers at NewBook
Careers at NewBook
NewBook’s award-winning property and customer relationship management solutions are transforming thousands of customers’ businesses globally. Leaders in the hospitality and tourism sector, we provide software that makes running a hotel, resort, holiday park, apartment or marina easy. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we strive to give our clients the very best to help them reach their full potential.
About the Role
Due to rapid growth and exciting development plans, we are seeking junior and intermediate PHP developers to join our ever-growing team. You’ll be building new and exciting features to further expand our cloud offering as well as supporting our clients when they need assistance. A passion to learn and the ability to adapt are essential to succeed in this role as we work in a fast-paced, fun environment.
You’ll be responsible for
- Submission of work for code review and amending work after feedback from a Senior Developer
- Daily client enquiries and support
- Working with internal teams
- Assisting with afterhours calls during assigned Emergency Support Week
What you need to succeed
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in software development or recently completed or near completion studies in the same
- Experience with the Git version control system and code review processes (Bitbucket preferred)
- Experience working with and building against micro-services architecture and a strong background in API development
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Team focused personality
- An advocate for the best use of test automation
- Strong problem solving skills, practical, efficient and data driven
- Adaptable to new processes and ideas
- Passion for what you do and a thirst for knowledge and continual learning
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate at a high level
- Current driver’s licence
If you’re looking to be part of a successful business with a great culture and career development opportunities, NewBook could be for you! We have a great team that loves having a positive impact on the industry and what they do. On offer is a competitive salary package and the chance to be part of something great.