As we head into 2022, it’s time to take a look at your check-in procedures & see where you can streamline the experience for both your employees and your guests. So, here are our top 4 tips that will make guest check-ins a breeze!
1. Provide a Self-Service Option
Contactless service has become more and more popular in recent years, so offering your guests a self-service check-in experience is a great way to streamline the check-in process.
Why operators love Self-Service Kiosks
- Convenience for your guests – allow them to check-in 24/7 without feeling rushed to arrive on time.
- Reduce queues at your front desk
- Reduce the workload for your team, saving time for both your guests & your employees
- Boost the productivity & efficiency of your front-desk team
Self-Service doesn’t need to mean the check-in experience will be less personal. You can still offer the same experience through technology by showcasing your property information, allowing guests to purchase extras & book activities, and more. To make things even easier – you can have your guests collect their room key from a cloud-based key dispenser – check-in has never been so easy.
2. Check-In with SMS
An easy way to cut down on long lines at your front desk is using automated SMS. Did you know that on average, 97% of text messages are read within 15 minutes of being sent? SMS is the easiest and fastest way to reach your guests.
With NewBook’s automated SMS feature, you can have text messages automatically sent to your guests on the day of their arrival, prompting them to respond to check-in digitally!
3. Save Time with Paperless Check-In
To truly streamline the check-in experience for your guests, you should be using Paperless Check-In (NewBook can automate this entire process for you)! This means your guests can complete contact-free check-ins, electronic COVID declarations, prepayment options & registration before they even arrive.
Not only will this save you time when guests arrive, but you’ll also be cutting down on your paper usage – a much more environmentally friendly option!
4. Offer Upgrades Before Guests Arrive
Give your guests something extra to look forward to when they arrive at your property by offering room upgrades & extras before their arrival. To simplify this process & save you time, these offers can be sent using automated SMS and email functions in your PMS.
Some enticing offers for your guests…
- “Upgrade to an Oceanfront Villa for an extra $50 per night. Reply YES to this to claim this offer.”
- Do you offer tours or activities? Let your guests know what’s on offer and allow them to book before they arrive.
- Feeling fancy? Have a bottle of champagne & strawberries waiting for you on arrival for $65. Reply YES to claim your offer.
By implementing these simple tips, your guests will be impressed with their check-in experience with your property! If you’d like to hear more about how NewBook can streamline the operations at your entire property, connect with our team to see the system in action.